Today I found out about some great news from the Northwest Territories! Their only known remaining cases of COVID-19 have recovered, and they are now presumed to be COVID-19 free! This would be the second part of Canada to be labelled free of COVID-19, as Nunavut has yet to record a single positive COVID-19 test. It’s really great to be able to report such positive news! See here for more details.
Several weeks ago Premier Horgan announced that a $1000 benefit would be available to BC residents affected by COVID-19. Today it was announced that we will be able to apply for it starting on May 1st. To be eligible for the benefit you must:
- have been a resident of British Columbia on March 15;
- meet the eligibility requirements for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit;
- have been approved for the CERB;
- be at least 15 years old as of the date of application;
- have filed, or agree to file, a 2019 B.C. income tax return; and
- not be receiving provincial income assistance or disability assistance.
More info can be found here.
That’s all for now, stay safe everyone!