New Public Health Orders
We’re breaking our trend of not updating on weekends or holidays to bring you this special update. Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix have announced the following new public health orders.
For the next 2 weeks, starting today Saturday, November 7th at 10pm and until Monday, Nov 23rd at 12pm, the following orders will be in effect specifically in the Fraser and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority areas (excepting the Central Coast Regional District, Bella Coola Valley, and Hope regions):
On Social Gatherings
- There are to be no social gatherings of any size beyond your existing household*
- Funerals and weddings may proceed with immediate household members, but no associated receptions inside or outside of your home
- Party buses, group limousine rentals and similar business types are to stop operating
- This order does not apply to churches as church services are not considered social gatherings, and the maximum limit of 50 people (based on safe distancing) is still in place
*An exception may be made for those who live alone, they may keep a small bubble of the same few people
On Indoor Group Physical Activities
- Businesses, recreation centres or other organizations that organize or operate indoor group physical activities must suspend these activities. This includes group fitness, spin, yoga, and dance classes, as well as any other group indoor activity that increases the respiratory rate
- Indoor sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained are suspended. This includes activities like Boxing, Martial arts, Hockey, Volleyball, and Basketball
- Individual exercise or practice that allows everyone to maintains a safe physical distance may continue
- Indoor group physical activities can only resume when the business has updated its COVID-19 safety plan and received plan approval from their local Medical Health Officer.
On Workplace Safety
- All businesses and worksites must conduct active onsite screening for staff and any workers on site
- Workplaces must ensure that all workers and customers maintain appropriate physical distance and wear masks when appropriate
- Extra care should be taken in small office spaces, break rooms and kitchens
- Working from home is encouraged whenever possible
- Workplace inspections will be increasing
- Limit all travel into or out of the Fraser and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority areas to essential travel only*
- Travel between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island should also be limited to essential travel only*
- All travel for sports, either into or out of these regions is prohibited
*These are not public health orders, but “the strongest possible requests”, per Dr. Bonnie Henry
The complete update of orders can be found here.
That’s all for now, stay safe everyone!